10 Activities to do
The area of Ierapetra provides several recreation and relaxation alternatives to every guest.
An illustrative proposal would be:
- To visit “Chrissi Island” or “Donkey Island”, a small exotic island located 8 miles south of Ierapetra, which you may visit by using the local line ships, that make everyday excursions, or by organizing your private cruise.
- To take a walk to the seaside pedestrian of the town and enjoy a tasty meal or a cold coffee, by choosing one of many restaurants and cafeterias that you meet along.
- To visit the Venetian Fortress “Kales” and through the narrow streets of the old town to pass by “Napoleon’ s House” and the local Mosque. Then you may end up at the Archaeological Museum of Ierapetra, where you may find some very important exhibits, dating back to the Minoan Era.
- To visit a local festival in one of the surrounding villages, to savor local specialties and to dance until the early morning.
- And if there is no festival, you may still enjoy exceptional raki and snacks in one of the local tavernas.
- Countless beaches with crystal-clear, light blue and – above all – safe waters, awaiting to refresh you during Summer. Whether you want quiet and relaxation, or you are a fan of organized facilities and Beach Bars, one is sure: HERE you will find the beach of your choice!!
- Regarding those that are mountain lovers, our region will positively surprise you!! Countless tours and paths are available to every guest to explore the Cretan landscape and get acquainted with its natural beauty.
- For the “restless travelers” Ierapetra offer many sport activities such as diving, horse riding, water sports, bicycle rental, jeep safari and much more!
- Spend a day out for a walk in the city and the shops that are open all year round, where you can do your shopping and buy local products and souvenirs.
- Finally, depending on the period that you are visiting Ierapetra, you can take part in many local activities and get acquainted with the Cretan lifestyle, such as crop and grape harvesting, kazanemata (raki production), liomazoma (olive harvesting), etc.
For more information, click the link below: